Bogie

Bogie
12-31-10 7 weeks old

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My New Texas Heeler Puppy

Last week I got a Texas Heeler puppy from a ranch north of College Station. The folks didn't KNOW they had Texas Heeler puppies, but with a registered Red-Tri Australian Shepherd and a registered Australian Blue Heeler (ACD) -- that's what they had all right.

There were 6 in the litter -- 5 males and 1 female. Lucky I wanted a male--LOL! I just prefer males as pets -- plus most males have a touch of 'goofieness' in them that I find endearing. Just like humans!!

All the pups except mine were black with the blue ticking/merling of the ACD. Bogie was the only one that was tobacco-brown and red.  I thought his coloration looked sharp!

Both the parents are working cattle dogs on this ranch. Which *should* come through their pups as: intelligent, biddable, quick learners, and agile. We will see.

1 comment:

  1. texas heeler seria a mistura de border collie com Blue Heeler? adotei um cachorrinho e ele tinha essa mistura e gostaria de saber se tem um nome especifico

    ReplyDelete